Sunday, September 4, 2011

Misstra Knowitall's artistic statement

Courtesy of the Artistic Statement Generator 2000:


Through my work I attempt to examine the phenomenon of The Road Runner as a methaphorical interpretation of both Van Gogh and swaying.

What began as a personal journey of Damnism has translated into images of cheesburger and leg that resonates with Black people forcing them to question their own Redness.

My mixed media track suit embodies an idiosyncratic view of Pat Robertson, yet the familiar imagery allows for a connection between River Phoenix, Gators and clams.

My work is in the private collection of Fred Grandy who said 'Big ups!, that's some real bitter Art.'

I am a recipient of a grant from Folsom Prison where I served time for stealing mugs and tie clips from the gift shop of The MCA. I have exhibited in group shows at Burger king and the National Gallery, though not at the same time. I currently spend my time between my kitchen and Berlin.

No comments: